This website is purely ACADEMIC in nature and NOT a stock market recommendation service or a tip provider. No live data or feeds are provided and all information is historic only. Information is provided for ease of understanding for the purpose of learning. Accuracy of definitions etc is not mantained. I am not a SEBI or IRDA registered.
Building Marriage Corpus using Mutual Funds
1 1/2 years to marriage
One of our friend was asking: Sir we have accumulated 5 lacs for my sister's marriage...I hv to invest those funds for one and a half year...pls suggest me some funds in which I could invest the same.
- My view is that: 1 1/2 year is too short a time period to try equity or even balanced mutual funds schemes. So our next option is to try debt funds. I would probably go with Short Term Income Funds.. perhaps DSPBR Short Term Fund and BOIAXA Short Term Income Fund. DIRECT Plan - GROWTH Option in both cases.
- I will invest 50k in DSPBR Short Term Fund. Next week, i will put 50k in BOIAXA Short Term Income Fund. I will repeat the process for a total 10 times .. so in 10 weeks i will do all the investment and then sit tight.
- DSPBR Short Term Fund was chosen for liquidity reasons. No entry and exit loads. So, you can redeem it as and when you are in urgent need of funds.
- BOIAXA Short Term Income Fund has an exit load of 6 months. This means that it is better to stick to the investment for a minimum of 6 months.
- The schemes might give 9 to 11% percent returns
- Check Mutual Fund Websites for link to MF websites to start investing online.
- Answered on June 30, 2017
- Lifestage Planning with Mutual Funds
- Building a Child Education scheme using Mutual Funds
- Mutual Fund plan for a just retired person
- Retirement Planning with Mutual Funds
|Home||Personal Finance||Mutual Funds||Equity|