This website is purely ACADEMIC in nature and NOT a stock market recommendation service or a tip provider. No live data or feeds are provided and all information is historic only. Information is provided for ease of understanding for the purpose of learning. Accuracy of definitions etc is not mantained. I am not a SEBI or IRDA registered.
Building Mutual Fund Portfolio
|Home||Personal Finance||Mutual Funds||Equity|
MF Portfolio for a 10-year investment
I have sip in dsp black rock micro cap , mirae asset emerging blue chip, Franklin smaller company , ICICI Pru value discovery , Franklin prima plus. Last two names are not performing well but I will continue for now. I want to invest some additional sips .. What names u would suggest ? My sip will be for more than 10 yrs horizon
- I think the composition is fair enough.
- ICICI Pru Value Discovery (being multicap) and Franklin Prima Plus would give u cushion in market fall times. Despite that they giving 30% and 37% respectively in 1 year is a decent return i feel.
- If you still have some spare money, add them as lumpsums to exisitng schemes rather than going for another newer scheme.
- Adding more schemes would increase risk without adding more value for retruns, my feeling
- If you still want some names, Reliance Small Cap Fund - Direct plan - Growth option can be looked at. But remember, that this will increase smallcap weightage to your pf.
- Let us review the scheme composition and performance again in 6-months time
- Date: Feb 24, 2017