This website is purely ACADEMIC in nature and NOT a stock market recommendation service or a tip provider. No live data or feeds are provided and all information is historic only. Information is provided for ease of understanding for the purpose of learning. Accuracy of definitions etc is not mantained. I am not a SEBI or IRDA registered.
Short-term Debt Mutual Fund Schemes
|Home||Personal Finance||Mutual Funds||Equity|
Birla Sunlife Short Term Fund
- Birla Sunlife Short Term Fund is an okay short term debt fund.
- Gave 9.87% returns which is ok
- No entry/exit load. So highly liquid.
- Close to 17k cr assets.
- Go for DIRECT plan - GROWTH option
Liquid or Short term funds for 6-months
Advice on liquid fund or short term fund which gives better return than fd. I want to invest for 6 months
6 months is too short a period for investing for a retail investor because most retail investors might not be patient enough.
If your financial goal is a really important one and cannot afford to miss it, better to go for an FD itself.
However, if you wish to take some chance and the risks associated with debt mutual fund schemes and interest-rate volatility, you may go for Short Term Debt Funds.
The average returns of the category at around 9% while the best ones gave around 12%.
Some good picks from the category at the moment are
- Franklin India Low Duration Fund (90-day exit load)
- UTI Banking & PSU Debt Fund (no exit load)
- Birla Sun Life Short Term Opportunities Fund (has a six months exit load)
- DHFL Pramerica Short Maturity Fund (six-month exit load)
All the schemes have a minimum of Rs 1000 cr or over AUM.
As usual, invest on your own from the mutual fund website. Go for Direct Plan - Growth Option
- Dated: March 20, 2017
- Equity Mutual Funds
- Debt Mutual Funds
- Balanced Funds
- Diversified Equity Funds
- Equity Linked Savings Schemes (ELSS)
- Liquid Mutual Fund Schemes
- Arbitrage Mutual Fund Schemes
- Monthly Income Plans
- Exchange Traded Funds
- International Mutual Fund Schemes
- Smallcap Mutual Fund Schemes
- Thematic Mutual Fund Schemes